Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modifications and suggetions required

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Sir, I was working in this project, www.comsol.com/forum/thread/308321/3D-simulation-of-Inductive-wireless-power-transfer?last=2022-05-16T15:48:44Z My intentions are,

1. "Two models were used in Comsol Multiphysics, where in the first model we simulated self-inductance of the transmitter coil L1, mutual inductance M, and magnetic flux density Bt. With the second model we simulated self-inductance of the receiver coil L2"

2. " The simulated values of optimal geometries of n = 3 and n = 9 should verified by measurements of the coupling coefficient k and Bt magnetic flux density on the transmitter side"

What I did is

a. For L1 and L2 I calculated M1 and M2 individually. In this case I use k=0.75, see parameter 1 b. The mutual inductance is only about L1 and L2, so I calculate M3, see parameter 1 c. Search coil needs for Magnetic flux density, Bt, see the parameter 2 d. The coupling coefficient K represents the amount of magnetic flux transferred from transmitter to receiver coil. see the parameter 3

Facing the problems ( see the attcahed simulation files)

1. Maybe this extrude is an imaginary plane. I need to make a similar shape in solid ( similar you did by extrude) for n=9, how can I make a solid in geometry 1?

2. Moreover I also can't add a domain for the Ferrite plate receiver side even in its stay in Geometry 1.

3. In component 1> definitions> selections > I have added coils ferrite transmitter, receiver and search coil. I can select a domain here well. but the Ferrite plate receiver is not visible.

4. in Artificial domein >shared properties>model inputs , I can add some input variables like H,B , physical quantities right?

5. In Geometry 1> group 1, I have added all my coils, receiver, transmitters, does it meaningless ? My receiver and transmitter coil work together, receiver plate and transmitter bar work together. Search coil may also work to generate a magnetic field. Suggest me what to do here.

6. I just added a work plane, where I have made a rectangle and a rotate for ferrite transmitter bar, then for coils, receiver, transmitters, should I need it individually ? circles needed for coils?

7. If I try to build geometry the error message comes, to trace the curve what should I do? Error while building 'Form Union' in 'Geometry 1': Internal error in geometry decomposition.

- Detail: Could not trace curve

1. Let me know if I should use arry, rigit transform etc. 9.Magnetic Field of a Helmholtz Coil example shows a spherical domain to show magnetic domain, should I use it?
  2. Self Inductance and Mutual Inductance of a Single Conductor and a Helical Coil ..this example is not in 3D design.

3. Ferrite plate receiver side shows errors because its geometry is absent. but, Ferrite Bar (transmitter side) is OK. I added basic material contents (μt = 900 and resistivity ρt = 10^(-3)Ω) , is it fine? Does it not output ? Those should be in model input right?

4. see the Physics Do you mean I have to remove the ampere's law ,magnetic insulation, and initial values from Magnetic Fields(mf) ? Can I show my 3 coils geometry analysis? I mean click on the Magnetic field and select Coil from the drop down list? Magnetic Fields, Currents Only setting is not important? because 3 of my coils are conducting 1A?

0 Replies Last Post 26.05.2022, 04:24 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Md Mubdiul Hasan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.