Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

bone / muscle tissue description

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am developing a model for the acoustic-structural interaction simulation between ultrasound waves and biological tissues (muscle and bone). I need help in the definition of materials, epecially for the muscle.
can someone help me???

THANKS A LOT

Martino :)

2 Replies Last Post 17.02.2010, 09:36 GMT-5
Arlen Ward Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 11.02.2010, 15:02 GMT-5
Relevant properties are always difficult to find for biological materials. They can change quite a bit depending on temperature, hydration, damage, or any number of other parameters.

I have the best luck searching for published journal articles that measure the property you are looking for. Another good source is a book called "Physical Properties of Tissue: A Comprehensive Reference Book" by Francis A. Duck. It is out of print, but you might find it a local library. There is a good chance it has what you are looking for, there is a whole chapter on acoustic properties.

Good Luck!
Arlen
Relevant properties are always difficult to find for biological materials. They can change quite a bit depending on temperature, hydration, damage, or any number of other parameters. I have the best luck searching for published journal articles that measure the property you are looking for. Another good source is a book called "Physical Properties of Tissue: A Comprehensive Reference Book" by Francis A. Duck. It is out of print, but you might find it a local library. There is a good chance it has what you are looking for, there is a whole chapter on acoustic properties. Good Luck! Arlen

Posted: 1 decade ago 17.02.2010, 09:36 GMT-5
...I think i'll need it ;)

thanks anyway for the useful information...

M.
...I think i'll need it ;) thanks anyway for the useful information... M.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.