Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Getting the same data as postcrossplot uses to plot?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

When I use GUI windows in COMSOL through Domain Plot Parameter tab, I can plot an expression like Von Mises stress. Then buy using "Export Current Plot", on top of that figure, I can export all the data points to my hard drive or MATLAB. As you know these data points are not located on Nodes and the number of data points here is relatively smaller than the number of nodes.

In my work, this fact helps that I have less number of data points. So now I am looking for a command that I can use in my m-file that gets this type of data for me without plotting that expression. See I do not use GUI COMSOL and all my work is being done in MATLAB via m-file. I already know that posteval gives the value of an expression on all nodes, but this is not suitable for me.

I will greatly appreciate it if you could guide me and introduce a suitable command to me.

Thanks,
Masoud

3 Replies Last Post 08.03.2010, 13:05 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 08.03.2010, 05:33 GMT-5
Hi,

Did you find a solution ?
Il have the same problem ...

Hi, Did you find a solution ? Il have the same problem ...

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 08.03.2010, 07:34 GMT-5
Hi

Isn't it the functionality of "postinterp" (in contrary to "posteval") that you are looking for ?

Try a search with these function names on your doc files and on the Forum

and dump your model as a ".m" file, or just analyse your "history" file for examples of the function calls

Good luck
Ivar
Hi Isn't it the functionality of "postinterp" (in contrary to "posteval") that you are looking for ? Try a search with these function names on your doc files and on the Forum and dump your model as a ".m" file, or just analyse your "history" file for examples of the function calls Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 08.03.2010, 13:05 GMT-5
Hi!

Ivar is right. I used "postinterp".

Good luck,
Masoud
Hi! Ivar is right. I used "postinterp". Good luck, Masoud

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.