Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Running comsol in the background using "nohup" command

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,
I connect to a machine remotely (using ssh) to run an .m file through command line. The command I use works perfectly:
/Applications/COMSOL35a/bin/comsol matlab path -ml -nodesktop -ml -nodisplay -mlr "shell_on_lipid_nodem_concave_02_I, exit"

For a long job, I'd like to use nohup command to run the job in the background. However, the job gets "STOPPED" after a few second before the m-file really starts. The command I use is

nohup /Applications/COMSOL35a/bin/comsol matlab path -ml -nodesktop -ml -nodisplay -mlr "shell_on_lipid_nodem_concave_02_I, exit" &

Any idea why it stops??
Cheers,
Sattar

0 Replies Last Post 02.03.2010, 16:34 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sattar Taheri-Araghi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.