Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

A question regarding eigenvalue problem in semicondutor quantum dots

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hej,

I am doing an eigenvalue problem relating to semicondutor quantum dot wave function.
I have two variables in one mode (by multiphysics function in comsol) Ue(Xe,Ye,Ze) and Uh(Xh,Yh,Zh) which are the electron wave function and hole wave function.And also two shrodinger equation:
(-hbar^2/2me*?^2+Veh)Ue=EUe
(-hbar^2/2mh*?^2+Veh)Uh=EUh
where Veh=-e^2/4*pi*e*r, and r=sqrt[(Xe-Xh)^2+(Ye-Yh)^2+(Ze-Zh)^2]
My question is how to set the term r in shrodinger equation for PDE in comsol.
I think my question is in fact how to split one coordinate (X,Y,Z) into two parts of two different eigenwave variables Ue(Xe,Ye,Ze) and Uh(Xh,Yh,Zh).

Thanks a lot.

0 Replies Last Post 04.03.2010, 11:23 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sicheng Zhou

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.