Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

graphing shear stress over a cross section

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm new to Comsol and have been having some difficulties using the graphing tools. I have a model of pipe and I am supposed to create a graph of the shear stress distribution. There is a cross-section plot parameter tool that I see but there is no option for shear stress. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to use this tool?

1 Reply Last Post 22.03.2010, 04:39 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 22.03.2010, 04:39 GMT-4
Hi

you have the slice tool, or you can define a line/surface to cut your sub-domain and show stress thereon, and, what I mostly do, I create an interiour Boundary where I want to show my variables (provided there are only afew critical places)

Hope this helps, if yu feel as a newcomer, try to go through several o the examples (even if they are not directly relaed to your problem) this gives you better understanding of the basics through the examples

Good luck having fun with COMSOL
Ivar
Hi you have the slice tool, or you can define a line/surface to cut your sub-domain and show stress thereon, and, what I mostly do, I create an interiour Boundary where I want to show my variables (provided there are only afew critical places) Hope this helps, if yu feel as a newcomer, try to go through several o the examples (even if they are not directly relaed to your problem) this gives you better understanding of the basics through the examples Good luck having fun with COMSOL Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.