Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

error message 8030

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

I´m very new at COMSOL and I wanted to build a very easy model first (emdc + chekf), but I always get the error message:

Exception:
com.femlab.jni.FlNativeException: Domain numbers out of range.

X plot failed.#Oberflche

Stack trace:
at xmodel_post.cpp, row 105, ()

I don´t know what to do and hope you can help me. Thanks a lot!

Claudia

4 Replies Last Post 26.04.2010, 09:02 MESZ

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.04.2010, 11:25 MESZ
Hello Claudia,
did you ever fix this error? I am having same problem with moving mesh (ALE). thanks
Hello Claudia, did you ever fix this error? I am having same problem with moving mesh (ALE). thanks

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.04.2010, 12:04 MESZ
It is possible that you are doing something with the domains- like plotting, integration,... - but since you have changed your geometry the index number does not exist anymore.

say you had 3 domains and you have now 2 after a geometry modification. if you still plot on 3, it will give such error.

can only think of this scenario for the moment.
It is possible that you are doing something with the domains- like plotting, integration,... - but since you have changed your geometry the index number does not exist anymore. say you had 3 domains and you have now 2 after a geometry modification. if you still plot on 3, it will give such error. can only think of this scenario for the moment.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.04.2010, 14:05 MESZ
Hi

I can only confirm (I have learned this te "hard" way) that when you change your geometry on an already solved model, you should ALWAYS go through ALL your BC's and ALL your integration coupling variables. Mostly Comsol manages to reorder the "dom" numbers, but in some cases you might change the topology of your part such that COMSOL does it differently from what you would have expected. The results are then mostly wrong (this might pass undetected), or error messages that appear bizzares.

Good luck
Ivar
Hi I can only confirm (I have learned this te "hard" way) that when you change your geometry on an already solved model, you should ALWAYS go through ALL your BC's and ALL your integration coupling variables. Mostly Comsol manages to reorder the "dom" numbers, but in some cases you might change the topology of your part such that COMSOL does it differently from what you would have expected. The results are then mostly wrong (this might pass undetected), or error messages that appear bizzares. Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 26.04.2010, 09:02 MESZ
Thank you Daniel and Ivar. I had a point probe set which I deleted and it worked.
Thank you Daniel and Ivar. I had a point probe set which I deleted and it worked.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.