Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

error 6177

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I want to see eddy current in a metal by magnetic field of an AC voltage coil in 1MHz frequency in time harmonic mode but Comsol gives me Error:6177 (matrix has zero on diagonal. )
What can I do to solve this problem???
Thanks,

3 Replies Last Post 13.06.2010, 13:58 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Saber Behkami

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.06.2010, 09:12 GMT-4
Hi did you find solution for the problem you are getting i.e. error 6177?
If so kindly let me know.
I am also getting the same problem

-Nagesh..
Hi did you find solution for the problem you are getting i.e. error 6177? If so kindly let me know. I am also getting the same problem -Nagesh..

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.06.2010, 10:23 GMT-4
When the equations have a structure such that the stiffness matrix (Jacobian matrix) has zeros on the diagonal, it is not possible to use the following linear system solvers/ preconditioners/smoothers: all versions of SOR and Diagonal scaling (Jacobi). Try the Vanka preconditioner/smoother instead.

or a direct solver, if possible.
[quote]When the equations have a structure such that the stiffness matrix (Jacobian matrix) has zeros on the diagonal, it is not possible to use the following linear system solvers/ preconditioners/smoothers: all versions of SOR and Diagonal scaling (Jacobi). Try the Vanka preconditioner/smoother instead.[/quote] or a direct solver, if possible.

Posted: 1 decade ago 13.06.2010, 13:58 GMT-4
Hi All,

I am also trying to simulate a similar case, wherein i want to observe eddy current in a metal, But when i use time harmonic mode, i am getting the same error. I have tried the GMRES-Vanka or GMRES-GMG and also the drect solvers but no success.

If anybody has been able to overcome this problem, kindly advise.

Hi All, I am also trying to simulate a similar case, wherein i want to observe eddy current in a metal, But when i use time harmonic mode, i am getting the same error. I have tried the GMRES-Vanka or GMRES-GMG and also the drect solvers but no success. If anybody has been able to overcome this problem, kindly advise.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.