Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Filling of a capillary channel

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I am trying to simulate the filling of a capillary channel, using one of modle library which is provied by COMSOL
program.

I am almost an beginner of this program so I have just followed the procedure of the manual of the library.

I used LEVEL SET METHOD, kept all of parameter except for contact angle, and just modified the geometry of the capillary channel by increasing the channel height up to 20E-3 instead of 5E-4 and changing channel width from 1.5E-4 to 1.7E-4.

One more thing I changed is the value of TIME in solver parameter. I put 2second (or even 40s) insteady of 1E-3 second.
As I mentioned, other procedures and parameters are same as shown in the manual.

After several solve simulations, I have just continued to have the same message saying that I have failed the convergence.

In order to slove this problem, I changed the mesh less fine, but it didn't help.

I have no idea of what I should change to make it work and what the problem is even.

Thank you very much.

1 Reply Last Post 23.09.2014, 08:06 MESZ
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Changho Choi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 23.09.2014, 08:06 MESZ
You need to use a phase field model for bigger geometries. A level set model won't solve when you increase the geometry up to 2mm height.

You need to use a phase field model for bigger geometries. A level set model won't solve when you increase the geometry up to 2mm height.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.