Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Post Processing, arrow Plot

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I made a model with different subdomains. Now, in the post processing, I want to just plot arrows in one speific subdomain, I don't know how can I do this!!!
The arrows are plotted in all subdomain while I just want to plot them in some specific sections.

If there is any way in Comsol to increase the density of arrows in one specific section?!

Thank you on advance!

4 Replies Last Post 15.06.2010, 00:48 MESZ
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.04.2010, 04:38 MESZ
Have you tried this: Options --> Suppress --> Suppress Subdomains and then choose those subdomains in which you want to prevent the plotting. Note: I've tried this and it seems to work some of the time, but strangely, not all of the time.
Have you tried this: Options --> Suppress --> Suppress Subdomains and then choose those subdomains in which you want to prevent the plotting. Note: I've tried this and it seems to work some of the time, but strangely, not all of the time.

Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.04.2010, 04:40 MESZ
Oh, and you can also explicitly tell it where you want to plot the arrows by specifications of their locations in the "Vector with coordinates" section of the Plot Parameters dialog box, under the Arrow tab.
Oh, and you can also explicitly tell it where you want to plot the arrows by specifications of their locations in the "Vector with coordinates" section of the Plot Parameters dialog box, under the Arrow tab.

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.04.2010, 21:03 MESZ
Another way is this:
Define subdomain variables equal to the vector components you want, then plot arrows based on this new definition.

For example suppose you have a flow problem with 5 subdomains so u & v are defined everywhere but you want to plot the velocity arrows only in subdomain 3. Define u1=u and v1=v on subdomain 3 only, then when plotting use u1 and v1 as the vector components.

In fact I suppose you could associate u1 and v1 with other quantities in the other subdomains (e.g. heat flux etc) so when you plot them, the arrows would represent whatever they were associated with in their respective subdomains, although this can make the plot confusing and cumbersome to interpret.

good luck
Ozgur
Another way is this: Define subdomain variables equal to the vector components you want, then plot arrows based on this new definition. For example suppose you have a flow problem with 5 subdomains so u & v are defined everywhere but you want to plot the velocity arrows only in subdomain 3. Define u1=u and v1=v on subdomain 3 only, then when plotting use u1 and v1 as the vector components. In fact I suppose you could associate u1 and v1 with other quantities in the other subdomains (e.g. heat flux etc) so when you plot them, the arrows would represent whatever they were associated with in their respective subdomains, although this can make the plot confusing and cumbersome to interpret. good luck Ozgur

Posted: 1 decade ago 15.06.2010, 00:48 MESZ
Ozgur,

Could you please explain more about

How to "Define u1=u and v1=v on subdomain 3 only" ?
Ozgur, Could you please explain more about How to "Define u1=u and v1=v on subdomain 3 only" ?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.