Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Drawing a circular array

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I want to draw a circular array inside a big circle. I did this with fairly big circles manually. But it is very difficult to do with small circles. Do you have an any idea of doing this automatically with comsol.
I have attached the drawing I want to do.

3 Replies Last Post 20.05.2014, 15:39 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 09.04.2010, 17:28 GMT-4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Packing_problem#Circles_in_circle
is this this that you want to do?
filling a big circle with small circle is a complex and old problem
there is no easy way to do it !
sorry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Packing_problem#Circles_in_circle is this this that you want to do? filling a big circle with small circle is a complex and old problem there is no easy way to do it ! sorry

Posted: 1 decade ago 10.04.2010, 13:43 GMT-4
Dear Jean,

Thank you for your reply and the explanation. I understood the problem's complexity.
Thanks Again.

Manjula
Dear Jean, Thank you for your reply and the explanation. I understood the problem's complexity. Thanks Again. Manjula

Posted: 10 years ago 20.05.2014, 15:39 GMT-4
Hey,

Just go to Transform - > Rotate. Set up an input object and specify a rotation angle with the range and a step. Hit build selected.

Cheers,
Olzhas
Hey, Just go to Transform - > Rotate. Set up an input object and specify a rotation angle with the range and a step. Hit build selected. Cheers, Olzhas

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.