Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Internal error in stationary solver (Error: 7142)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm trying to simulate a big water tank with the k-Epsolin-turbulence modell in 3d.
My problem now is, that for relatively fine meshes, the error message appears: "Internal error in stationary solver (Error: 7142)".
This always happens when the solver is at the process of constraints handling (whatever that means).
I'm really wondering now what this error message wants me to tell...
It might be that the system is running out of memory..but then the error message should be: Out of memory in stationary solver...
Is there a linkage between these two error messages???
Has anybody made similiar experiences?? Please let me know then.

0 Replies Last Post 05.05.2010, 09:38 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Markus Rau

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.