Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Lattice Boltzmann Method for fluid flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Does new version of comsol incluide Lattice Boltzmann Method for fluid flows..or it is still runs with conventional NS equation..

4 Replies Last Post 21.05.2010, 07:43 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 20.05.2010, 17:50 GMT-4
Currently not, and I think it will not.
Currently not, and I think it will not.

Posted: 1 decade ago 20.05.2010, 21:01 GMT-4
Hi
do you work for Comsol, how could you say that comsol will not consider this method?
Hi do you work for Comsol, how could you say that comsol will not consider this method?

Posted: 1 decade ago 21.05.2010, 02:14 GMT-4
My bad. To be clear: as far as I read the specs of upcoming CFD module, I've not seen LBM there. Would be cool though.
My bad. To be clear: as far as I read the specs of upcoming CFD module, I've not seen LBM there. Would be cool though.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 21.05.2010, 07:43 GMT-4
Hi

I cannot comment on the CFD content, but I would like to add that the large majority of the forum participants (including myself) are entousiastic end-users, and not Comsol persons. COMSOL is certainly monitoring and correcting any deviation on the Forum, and some of the support persons are replying too, but generally they also indicate their appartenance in their reply.

So any "official" Comsol questionsshould be addressed directly to support@comsol.com, and "users interactions" are for the Forum, as stated in the "Rules and Guidelins"

Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi I cannot comment on the CFD content, but I would like to add that the large majority of the forum participants (including myself) are entousiastic end-users, and not Comsol persons. COMSOL is certainly monitoring and correcting any deviation on the Forum, and some of the support persons are replying too, but generally they also indicate their appartenance in their reply. So any "official" Comsol questionsshould be addressed directly to support@comsol.com, and "users interactions" are for the Forum, as stated in the "Rules and Guidelins" Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.