Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol 4.0 Large Deformation equivalent

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

Is there an equivalent in Comsol 4.0 of the option Large Deformation of the previous version (3.5a) ?

I'm trying to see the effect of residual stresses on the stifness of a thin membrane, which I could see with the option LD ON, but with the new version I don't see it!

Thnak you
Elodie

1 Reply Last Post 27.05.2010, 07:28 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 27.05.2010, 07:28 GMT-4
the option that matches with the largue deformation in 4.0 is simply to type include non linear geometric in the setting of the linear elastic material model. then in order to carry out a prestress analysis the procedure is in the attached file
the option that matches with the largue deformation in 4.0 is simply to type include non linear geometric in the setting of the linear elastic material model. then in order to carry out a prestress analysis the procedure is in the attached file

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.