Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Gerneral info. on solving model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello there.
i have a very gerneral question related to solving the models. My question is that when i make a model and then i start to solve the model and then i realise that i have to make some more changes and i cancel the simulation while it is in process, then i make all the necessary adjustment and then press the solve button again, then will the comsol start to calculate the solution right from the beginning or will it take the previous value of the solution that i stopped and take it as an initial value and then continue to slove the modle with the new changes. Plz help me in the regard.

Thanking you

Yasir

3 Replies Last Post 27.05.2010, 11:04 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 27.05.2010, 09:44 GMT-4
Hi Yasir,

If you press cancel, it is like you erase all the solution history. If you hit stop (on the time solver), your solution stays, but you have to tell the solver manager to use it as initial condition (current solution).
Hi Yasir, If you press cancel, it is like you erase all the solution history. If you hit stop (on the time solver), your solution stays, but you have to tell the solver manager to use it as initial condition (current solution).

Posted: 1 decade ago 27.05.2010, 09:51 GMT-4
Hi Danial
Thanks alot for the tip. i have another question also what if i run a simulation and get the results and then i go back to sub domaine setting and made some changes and run the simulation again. will the previous results effact the current simulation..
Thanks again in advance....
Yasir
Hi Danial Thanks alot for the tip. i have another question also what if i run a simulation and get the results and then i go back to sub domaine setting and made some changes and run the simulation again. will the previous results effact the current simulation.. Thanks again in advance.... Yasir

Posted: 1 decade ago 27.05.2010, 11:04 GMT-4
it depends on the configuration of your solver manager. (=! icon)

Normally it will not affect it, unless you have the current result set as initial conditions for the next one. In that case, the only problem that can occur is that you have modified the model so much that your initial conditions (previous results) are too bad as a startup for the new one.
it depends on the configuration of your solver manager. (=! icon) Normally it will not affect it, unless you have the current result set as initial conditions for the next one. In that case, the only problem that can occur is that you have modified the model so much that your initial conditions (previous results) are too bad as a startup for the new one.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.