Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

general extrusion from 2D geometry to 2D geomtry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have successfully used the general extrusion coupling in 3.5 a. (ac dc)
The interface is to me quite clear there. you define the source, a subdomain, give the variable of interest a name (Va) and the corresponding expression (V). this being done logically, you define the destination geometry, subdomain etc..
Too simple.
In 4.0a, I can define a general extrusion coupling, and the source domain is applies to. the destination map, not sure what the source frame should be. But no possibility to define variables.
In the 4.0a interface i do not know where to define the variable Va ( source) and its expression(V). This variable should only exist on the subdomain I want. I do not know either how to provide the destination subdomain in the other model (geometry). This option should really be there!!!
I use exclusively the GUI.

My working model in 3.5a does not import correctly ( even using the hotfix->version 4.0.0993). I have some current sources but these do not import at all ! morever I get a dreadful message :
comsol error
selections not on the same geometries.
I'll keep trying. but i have yet to find some appropriate guidance.
Thanks for any input

3 Replies Last Post 26.07.2010, 13:32 MESZ
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 26.07.2010, 08:27 MESZ
Hi

There are a few other questions like recently this with explanations, also from the COMSOL people, check the forum

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi There are a few other questions like recently this with explanations, also from the COMSOL people, check the forum -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 26.07.2010, 10:54 MESZ
I saw the explanation for the linear extrusion. Unfortunately, i am unable to get this going.
it seems to me that the person who asked the question did not get it going either in spite of the explanation from the COMSOL person.

I get errors in spite of setting up correctly I think.
It may be I am doing something wrong, but I do not know what and I have tried all possibilities I could think of and I am somewhat desperate. I hope that support comes up with something.
this is my only possibility!
Thanks for your suggestions
I saw the explanation for the linear extrusion. Unfortunately, i am unable to get this going. it seems to me that the person who asked the question did not get it going either in spite of the explanation from the COMSOL person. I get errors in spite of setting up correctly I think. It may be I am doing something wrong, but I do not know what and I have tried all possibilities I could think of and I am somewhat desperate. I hope that support comes up with something. this is my only possibility! Thanks for your suggestions

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 26.07.2010, 13:32 MESZ
Hi

and I'm on holiday without COMSOL access, so I have no way to try anything out ;)
Holidays from everydays work is nice, from COMSOL tougher :)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi and I'm on holiday without COMSOL access, so I have no way to try anything out ;) Holidays from everydays work is nice, from COMSOL tougher :) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.