Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

DISTORTED VOLTAGE WAVEFORM

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

I am a new user to COMSOL. I am analyzing an insulation system in AC-DC>Quasi-Static Electric> In plane electric currents. Actually my objective is to apply a distorted voltage waveform on this insulation system. I know how to change the frequency and amplitude of the applied voltage. But since my waveform has harmonic contents so it has multiple frequencies. So how can I apply a distorted voltage in COMSOL.

Your help is appreciated.

thanks,

Omar

1 Reply Last Post 26.07.2010, 02:34 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 26.07.2010, 02:34 GMT-4
Hi

Yes this is always a sensitive issue, if you have an input spectra with a certain PSD (Power Spectral Densty) distribution, then how to ?
Normlly then, one considers the model to be linear and one solve it with the modal solver by applying a frequence dependent amplitude as input, derived from the excitation PSD. One ends up with a modal response at the output position that must be integrated accordingly, or transformed to another "output" PSD.

Now if the couplings are non-linear then the real fun starts, but that becomes too model dependent to say more about here

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Yes this is always a sensitive issue, if you have an input spectra with a certain PSD (Power Spectral Densty) distribution, then how to ? Normlly then, one considers the model to be linear and one solve it with the modal solver by applying a frequence dependent amplitude as input, derived from the excitation PSD. One ends up with a modal response at the output position that must be integrated accordingly, or transformed to another "output" PSD. Now if the couplings are non-linear then the real fun starts, but that becomes too model dependent to say more about here -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.