Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

[Moving Mesh] Changing unit (dm>mm) leads to inverted mesh

Jean-Christophe Lavocat

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have a model which works well when I use a macroscale (like meters), but, when I change the scale (millimeters), the calculation leads to inverted meshes.

As I changed everything in the same proportion, I have expected that only the physics would change (here Navier-Stokes > Stokes flow), but apparently some geometry/meshes are also changed.

Could you give me some hints on what to look for, because I really don't understand this behaviour.

Thank you in advance

1 Reply Last Post 16.09.2010, 08:05 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 16.09.2010, 08:05 GMT-4
Hi
check carefully the new sizes of your model, depending if you hit the scale values check box, COMSOL's logic was not the same as mine, so I had too some surprises in the beginning. ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi check carefully the new sizes of your model, depending if you hit the scale values check box, COMSOL's logic was not the same as mine, so I had too some surprises in the beginning. ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.