Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Matlab 2009b with comsol 4.0a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I have matlab 2009b installed on my machine, and I have just installed comsol 4.0a. There is no comsol with matlab shortcut created on my desktop as well as on my program folder. It seems that the installer cannot detect matlab 2009b program. Is there a way to create a manual connection between comsol sever with matlab desktop running.

Thanks.

1 Reply Last Post 21.09.2010, 11:09 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 21.09.2010, 11:09 GMT-4
Did you purchase the LiveLink to MATLAB? If so, you may need to re-insert the COMSOL installation CD and check out the settings to be sure that it is installed properly and that the MATLAB installation directory is set correctly.

There are several knowledge base articles on the topic that may help you out (such as www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1071/), and be sure to download all of the product updates as there were some fixes to the MATLAB interface included.

Did you purchase the LiveLink to MATLAB? If so, you may need to re-insert the COMSOL installation CD and check out the settings to be sure that it is installed properly and that the MATLAB installation directory is set correctly. There are several knowledge base articles on the topic that may help you out (such as http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1071/), and be sure to download all of the product updates as there were some fixes to the MATLAB interface included.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.