Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Temperature cycle

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

My time-dependend COMSOL experience is not that well developed. That is why I want to ask you the following.

I am making a 3D model of a microfluidic reaction chamber. This is nothing more than:
- an inlet,
- reaction chamber,
- an outlet.

On the bottom (outside of chamber material) there are thin film Pt resistive heaters (approximated by the thin film approximation). So far I have modelled the steady state heat transfer through the chamber material and fluid inside the chamber. However, now I want to make a time dependend model in which the temperature is cycled from room temperature to 95 degree C, to 61 degree C and back to 95 degree C. I am especially interested in the time required for heating up to a steady state and cooling down to a steady state. This monitoring will be done with domain point probes throughout the reaction chamber.

I tried some different things with step functions, but sadly I could not get it working.

Can some of you give me some tips/solutions on how to do this?

Thanking you in advance!

Best regards,
Henk-Willem Veltkamp

0 Replies Last Post 11.01.2017, 10:32 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Henk-Willem

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.