Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

modeling sessile droplet evaporation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Firends,

does any one has experience with modeling phase change from liquid to gas ? is there exists any tutorial ?

I intended to model evaporation of single droplet pinned of relatively hot serface .

I used general heat trasfer , incompresible navier stock and 2phase flow laminar phase field .

how could I check the conservation of mass and energy ?

I tried to run above problem with Moving Mesh ,ALE but I could not ,any suggestion ?

there is one toturial regarding 'Boiling water' I can not implement q (heat flux 1 & 2 ) in expresion ! I got error in expression and I can not run it , I assume t must be defined in other way but I have no idea how it should be define !

thank you in advance for your time and consideration

5 Replies Last Post 03.12.2012, 19:58 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 27.01.2011, 08:47 GMT-5
www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/3972/
maybe this tutorial can help...
I am trying to get this to work in 4.0a at the moment...
good luck
http://www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/3972/ maybe this tutorial can help... I am trying to get this to work in 4.0a at the moment... good luck

Posted: 1 decade ago 18.08.2012, 12:55 GMT-4
Hi Maryam,

Regarding to this post I also looking for someone who has experience in this case could you please share your good background based on this subject?
your immediate attention would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Ali
Hi Maryam, Regarding to this post I also looking for someone who has experience in this case could you please share your good background based on this subject? your immediate attention would be appreciated. Best regards, Ali

Posted: 1 decade ago 15.11.2012, 18:24 GMT-5

hello,

i m also working on phase change from liquid to gass ,
if any one has information regarding this topic plz help me out.

-which model is to be used?

-what are boundary conditions at inlet ?

Regards,

khuram saleem

hello, i m also working on phase change from liquid to gass , if any one has information regarding this topic plz help me out. -which model is to be used? -what are boundary conditions at inlet ? Regards, khuram saleem

Posted: 1 decade ago 03.12.2012, 12:21 GMT-5
Hi Maryam,

It seems that you want to do the same thing that these guys did before:

www.comsol.com/cd/direct/conf/conference2012papers/papers/13790/15249_marinaro_poster.pdf

I think that you can contact them directly and ask your questions.

I am also trying to model surface evaporation but it is difficult and there is no similar model unfortunately.

Cheers,
SMHH
Hi Maryam, It seems that you want to do the same thing that these guys did before: http://www.comsol.com/cd/direct/conf/conference2012papers/papers/13790/15249_marinaro_poster.pdf I think that you can contact them directly and ask your questions. I am also trying to model surface evaporation but it is difficult and there is no similar model unfortunately. Cheers, SMHH

Posted: 1 decade ago 03.12.2012, 19:58 GMT-5
look at the boiling water model they have. Same idea. It is very tough to fully implement

www.comsol.com/showroom/animations/3972/
look at the boiling water model they have. Same idea. It is very tough to fully implement http://www.comsol.com/showroom/animations/3972/

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.