Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat transfer and Fluid flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello I'm trying to simulate a block material which is put in a laminar flow. What I want to study is the termodynamic of the system ( because the fluid and the material have different temperatures) and the fluiddynamic. My problem is that when I select the materials domani for the 2 blocks, one inside the other it doesn't work: in fact the bigger block made of water it's okbut the interior block whic maybe suppose now made of plastic, Comsol wanted me to know the "mu" value and force me to set it. How can I solve this problem? Thank you all, bye :)

3 Replies Last Post 26.04.2019, 08:50 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago 15.03.2019, 08:26 GMT-4

You will find many models showing how to set up a conjugate heat transfer model with COMSOL in the Application Gallery, for instance this heat sink model.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
You will find many models showing how to set up a conjugate heat transfer model with COMSOL in the Application Gallery, for instance [this heat sink model](https://www.comsol.com/model/heat-sink-8574). Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 5 years ago 21.03.2019, 10:19 GMT-4

Have you set it the material as a solid in the heat transfer interface?

Have you set it the material as a solid in the heat transfer interface?

Posted: 5 years ago 26.04.2019, 08:50 GMT-4

Thank you marvin I already fixed that problem at the end. thanks anyway

Thank you marvin I already fixed that problem at the end. thanks anyway

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.