Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Recording Heat Transfer

Mads Søndergaard Larsen

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone!

I'm currently working on a power device, where I want to record the effective heat transfer coefficient, as in

q=h_eff(T_ext-T);

Here I have some power modules (P_in), that provides power into the whole structure and then heat is going out (q) from this module. I then have a fluid with an inlet velocity V_in (predefined) and also an outlet. I have the velocity field work (without any heat), but I want to record the heat transfer coefficient aswell;

h_eff=h(T, V), T=temp, V=velocity.

The materials is currently set to be copper for simplicity, which of course have some parameters defined. But I am concerned to find h_eff around the components, which can then be plotted.

Best Regards, Mads

0 Replies Last Post 27.03.2019, 07:24 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mads Søndergaard Larsen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.