Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error in Meshing: source and destination are not compatible

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to mesh 10 unit blocks (3D), which are subdivided into 4 smaller blocks for better calculations, connected between pairs by one single rectangular block (in other words I am trying to get a homogenoeous mesh in every single component of blocks and connections) and I get (an) error(s) in copy domain that say(s) 'source and destination are not compatible', 'try to specify a map', and similar.

I have tried copying mesh, copying domain and mapping for dealing with a homogeneous mesh in my whole model; the last one (mapping) I don't understand very well yet, and whatever my choice is for meshing there is always one domain left per unit block (remember each unit block is compounded by 4 rectangular blocks), i.e. one small block, that cannot be meshed properly. Usually the block with this error in meshing is one facing with the connection from unit block 1 to unit block 2. The same happens when I mesh each unit block equally and the mesh is homogeneous for the 4 small blocks, but then when trying to copy the same, homogeneous mesh to the connections, and further unit blocks with other 4 small blocks I get this, let's name it 'domain error'.

What can I do to help with this? Does this happens because of my using arrays for repeating the sequence of blocks and connection 10 times in the Geometry? How can I fix my boundaries between small blocks and connections in the Geometry to solve this issue in meshing? My confusion arises since I think the topology of this model is simple and yet I get this trouble!

0 Replies Last Post 04.06.2019, 22:23 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hector Andrade

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.