Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

SH waves in 2D

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I want to build a simple 2D (in x, y plane) model for generating SH waves in composite material using Solid Mechanics time domain.

I am having trouble in extracting the out of plane Displacement in z direction (can be extracted only in x and y).

Though the source is in y direction at an angle to the y direction, the displacement is invariant in z direction (out of plane direction) which makes the model 2D-valid.

I just want to solve the wave equation with only one dependent variables: w(x,y) or the out of plane displacement.

But COMSOL only has the option to solve it for u(x,y) and v(x,y). How can I solve w(x,y) in 2D Solid Mechanics time domain.

Thanks Robin James

0 Replies Last Post 06.09.2019, 21:31 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Robin James

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.