Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time-Dependent Animation Looping Over Time Does Not Display Time

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

If I do a time-dependent study and want to animate it over time, most plot types show T = X s

When I do a 1D Line Plot, this does not happen. I cannot get it to display what the actual time is during the animation. I am saving it as a .gif file. I realize that this is because the 1D Line Plot can show display multiple times in the same plot at once.

Is there some way to make it a 1D Line Plot using some other method? All I want to show is how temperature down a line in my model changes over time using the Time Dependent Solver. Doing a 3D Cut Line doesn't have the X and Y axis to compare numbers to easily.

Secondly, is there a way to limit how much data COMSOL will sample for one of these plots? My mesh is quite fine, but the line plot doesn't need to be super detailed, especially since the changes over time and space are really smooth. Right now my time loop for the line plots takes a very long time to output.

Thanks!

1 Reply Last Post 07.04.2020, 14:47 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 07.04.2020, 14:47 GMT-4

May add/select legend in the plot to show which will show time

May add/select legend in the plot to show which will show time

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.