Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Convergence problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am running a natural convection model and I put the material properties as a function of temperature (interpolation) and piecewise functions. I got results with constant number for the properties which I tetsed for making sure my model is working propely. But when I am using the functions, the simulation enters in a no-end loop. What is the best solution to solve this problem?

Thanks, Reza

1 Reply Last Post 14.04.2020, 14:15 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 14.04.2020, 14:15 GMT-4

Hello,

Not entirely sure what you are trying to do here, but are you sure that your functions are smooth and do not vary too drastically? This could have an affect on the convergence.

Cheers,

Alex

Hello, Not entirely sure what you are trying to do here, but are you sure that your functions are smooth and do not vary too drastically? This could have an affect on the convergence. Cheers, Alex

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.