Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error in symmetry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am modeling a spherical Helmholtz resonator on Comsol so I can find the resonance frequency by changing some parameters. I am using the acoustic module. To simplify my model, I used the quarter of the sphere (because of symmetry). Then in the physics part I added symmetry and chose the specific boundaries. In this case the resonance frequency changed in a range of 10 Hz. It is not the same anymore. What can I do in this case? I can't find my error!

Thank you in advance

1 Reply Last Post 16.09.2020, 07:46 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 16.09.2020, 07:46 GMT-4
Updated: 4 years ago 16.09.2020, 07:46 GMT-4

Hello,

Is 10 Hz a large variation? If it is small, could it be due to the fact that the mesh is different? In that case, refining the meshes in both cases could reduce the discrepency.

Hello, Is 10 Hz a large variation? If it is small, could it be due to the fact that the mesh is different? In that case, refining the meshes in both cases could reduce the discrepency.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.