Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Undefined Variable - Weertman Creep

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm trying to run a simulation using Weertman Creep equations, but I'm getting an error for an undefined variable "comp1.solid.lemm1.cmm1.b". I have a Burgers Vector input for each of my materials, so I'm confused as to what this variable is refering to. Can someone help?

Thanks, Eve

3 Replies Last Post 02.07.2021, 04:17 GMT-4
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 years ago 29.06.2021, 03:05 GMT-4

Hi Eve,

You have run into a bug that was fixed in version 5.4. (The current version is 5.6).

This said, your model would not run anyway, since you have set the temperature to 0 K, and the absolute temperature appears in the denominator of the creep rate in the Weertman model.

Regards,

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Hi Eve, You have run into a bug that was fixed in version 5.4. (The current version is 5.6). This said, your model would not run anyway, since you have set the temperature to 0 K, and the absolute temperature appears in the denominator of the creep rate in the Weertman model. Regards,

Posted: 3 years ago 30.06.2021, 13:23 GMT-4

Hi, I updated the temperature and tried running the model (as well as a new simple model with creep) on COMSOL 5.4 and ran into the same issue. Is it possible that the bug was still present in this version, or is there something else wrong with what I'm doing?

Thanks, Eve

Hi, I updated the temperature and tried running the model (as well as a new simple model with creep) on COMSOL 5.4 and ran into the same issue. Is it possible that the bug was still present in this version, or is there something else wrong with what I'm doing? Thanks, Eve

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 years ago 02.07.2021, 04:17 GMT-4

In version 5.4, please make sure that all updates are installed. The error was corrected in update 2.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
In version 5.4, please make sure that all updates are installed. The error was corrected in update 2.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.