Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Ultrasound propagation in composites

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have been trying to model ultrasound propagation with time in a composite material, but I am not sure how to correctly apply the boundary conditions (frequency and amplitude of the ultrasonic waves). I am using the acoustic-structure interaction multiphysics module. I would appreciate any suggestions you can give me.

Thank you.

2 Replies Last Post 04.11.2021, 14:28 GMT-4
Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago 04.11.2021, 13:41 GMT-4

Hi Natalia,

Do you have some more information on this? Are you trying to compare to an analytical solution, or some solution found in a paper? It is really up to you to apply the boundary conditions that you see fit.

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
Hi Natalia, Do you have some more information on this? Are you trying to compare to an analytical solution, or some solution found in a paper? It is really up to you to apply the boundary conditions that you see fit.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago 04.11.2021, 14:28 GMT-4
Updated: 2 years ago 04.11.2021, 14:51 GMT-4

Natalia,

It's not clear to me that you should be using the acoustic-solid interaction physics interface. From your post, I gather that you're interested in modeling vibrations only in solids. You may want to start by looking at models from the Application Gallery that are conceptually similar to what you want to model as a starting point.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Natalia, It's not clear to me that you should be using the acoustic-solid interaction physics interface. From your post, I gather that you're interested in modeling vibrations only in solids. You may want to start by looking at models from the [Application Gallery](https://www.comsol.com/models) that are conceptually similar to what you want to model as a starting point. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.