Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Material: Low Density Foam

Sören Mechanical Simulations

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I got material data from a supplier who provide us with foam which we use for damping purpose during free fall tests. I want to use that data for drop test simulations.

I got an Excel sheet with stress-strain curves for different strain-rates. I also got an Abaqus file which describes the material behaviour (*Low Density Foam).

My problem is now, that I'm overwhelmed by so many different available Material Models in Comsol, so that I still don't know how to convert the different Stress-Strain Curves to a Comsol Material Models. I found online a lot information for 1 stress-strain curve but we have in total 5 of them.

Can someone sugest a material model?

Greetings

Windows 10 Comsol 5.6 Mechanical Simulation Time Dependent Simulation

0 Replies Last Post 25.11.2021, 08:27 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sören

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.