Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Voltage Step

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Together

I am new to this forum and have not been working with COMSOL for long. In a first project I simulated a simple transformer. Now I would like to operate the primary winding with a voltage step (0 to 12V @t=0.001s) and measure the induced voltage in the secondary winding. Unfortunately, after a long time of trying and also after some research (among others in this forum) I have not had any success with this. So far I have tried the following:

• Define Step in "Global Definitions"

• Operate the voltage amplitude of the voltage source in "Electrical Circuit" with the Step.

Now it is not clear to me, how the code (yellow in the picture) must look, so that the voltage jumps according to the step function from 0 to 12V. Thank you very much for your support. Greetings, Raphael!

2 Replies Last Post 12.01.2022, 07:56 GMT-5
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago 07.01.2022, 13:45 GMT-5

Orange means that either the units are inconsistent or the expression is undefined.

If you hover over Comsol will tell you which it is.

Orange means that either the units are inconsistent or the expression is undefined. If you hover over Comsol will tell you which it is.

Roman Obrist COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago 12.01.2022, 07:56 GMT-5

Dear Raphael , Thank you for posting on the Discussion Forum. After looking over your questions we feel that these questions may require special assistance from our Technical Support Team. Please email to support@comsol.com with your questions and supporting model files and we will address them via those channels. If you afterwards would like to make the reply public, we can do so at your request.

Some thoughts along the line: Do you need an electrical circuit at all? Meaning, do you have lumped elements you want to consider? Otherwise, you could define the step function also directly within the coil.

Best regards, Roman

Dear Raphael , Thank you for posting on the Discussion Forum. After looking over your questions we feel that these questions may require special assistance from our Technical Support Team. Please email to [support@comsol.com](mailto:support@comsol.com) with your questions and supporting model files and we will address them via those channels. If you afterwards would like to make the reply public, we can do so at your request. Some thoughts along the line: Do you need an electrical circuit at all? Meaning, do you have lumped elements you want to consider? Otherwise, you could define the step function also directly within the coil. Best regards, Roman

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.