Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

LinErr parameter

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me understand the LinErr parameter. According to the document on convergence plots ("https://doc.comsol.com/5.5/doc/com.comsol.help.comsol/comsol_ref_solver.27.089.html"), LinErr is described as "the error estimate for each linear iteration is a factor times the relative (preconditioned) residual". Does this mean that LinErr is the error estimate multiplied by the residual?

I'm a bit confused as to what this implies. Does it indicate the realtive number of errors, or does it indicate the number of iterations the solver ran through to solve the problem? I tried examing this parameter as I refined my mesh, and I noticed that it increases as the mesh gets finer, before eventually levelling out. I don't really know what this implies, which is what's confusing me.

Any help would be appreciated

0 Replies Last Post 14.01.2022, 06:45 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sahil Maharaj

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.