Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Could I modify integration points for calculating elements

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'd like to modified integration points in Gaussian Quadrature, which is used for integrtion calculation of elements because in acoustics analysis it is knwon that simple modification of integration points produces higher accurte results than the case with same size elements with conventional integration points.

Please tell me the procedure for do it.

As references of Gaussian Quadrature and effects of modifying integration points in acoustcs analyses see belows. https://www.comsol.com/blogs/introduction-to-numerical-integration-and-gauss-points/ https://www.researchgate.net/publication/230677327_Application_of_modified_integration_rule_to_time-domain_finite-element_acoustic_simulation_of_rooms

Kind regards,

2 Replies Last Post 03.07.2022, 20:52 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago 01.07.2022, 14:39 GMT-4

Hello Takumi,

In the COMOL GUI, you can change the gaussian quadrature order for various weak terms in a formulation, thereby switching from one set of Gauss points to another (This is discussed in the blog post that you mentioned). However, to the best of my knowledge, you cannot make the software use arbitrary (non-Gauss) points for quadrature.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Takumi, In the COMOL GUI, you can change the gaussian quadrature order for various weak terms in a formulation, thereby switching from one set of Gauss points to another (This is discussed in the blog post that you mentioned). However, to the best of my knowledge, you cannot make the software use arbitrary (non-Gauss) points for quadrature. Best, Jeff

Posted: 2 years ago 03.07.2022, 20:52 GMT-4

Hello Jeff,

Thank you so much for your kind and quick response! I undersood about Gauss nodes setting.

Kind regards,

Takumi

Hello Jeff, Thank you so much for your kind and quick response! I undersood about Gauss nodes setting. Kind regards, Takumi

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.