Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Laminar Flow - Time Dependent - Initial "Empty" Channel State

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am trying to model flow through my microfluidic cartridge using the Laminar Flow study. I have experience using Stationary solvers, as this is usually where the answers I need can be found. For this specific application, I want to see the time course of the fluid flowing through the internal channels. In completing the simulation using a ~10min window at 0.5 s intervals (range(0,0.5,600)), I appears at time0 there is still fluid at the outlets (and everywhere within the model). If it helps, the model I am using is an imported postive relief of the channel geometry itself (i.e. the internal channels of the cartridges are presented as positive features designed and extruded in Solidworks as opposed to negative features as they exist in the physical world). As I always use "Stationary" studies in the past, I was never bothered by the fact the internal geometry was "pre-filled" with the material. Hopefully I am explaining this issue in sufficient detail to get an answer, but please do not hesistate to reply with any needed clarification. Any tips or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Jose

0 Replies Last Post 18.11.2022, 14:41 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jose Wippold

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.