Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Geometry Modification

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I just want to know if there is an easy way for geometry modification in comsol. For example if I have done some simulation on a plate with a hole in it, and then I want to repeat the simulation on the same plate with the hole relocated to another coordinate, can I run a journal file (like in gambit) and just change the hole coordinate in it and let comsol repeat the geometry building procedures itself?
The easiest way is to repeat everything manually with new coordinate, but it is time consuming.

Thanks a lot.

2 Replies Last Post 09.11.2012, 08:21 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 09.11.2012, 05:40 GMT-5

Hi,

you can define a global parameter and use it in your geometry definition. Then add a parameter study and define a range for this parameter.
COMSOL will rebuild the geometry and remesh in each step of the parameter study.

Cheers
Edgar
Hi, you can define a global parameter and use it in your geometry definition. Then add a parameter study and define a range for this parameter. COMSOL will rebuild the geometry and remesh in each step of the parameter study. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 1 decade ago 09.11.2012, 08:21 GMT-5
Thank you very much Edgar.
Thank you very much Edgar.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.