Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Adding physical parameters

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I have question,please help me
I want to add some physical parameters to my waveguides,how can i do this?
both of them is:
parameter: signal absorption cross section at 1527nm (σ12) value:4.8*10e-21 Cm2
parameter: overlap factor (Γp,s) value:0.85

thanks

1 Reply Last Post 03.01.2013, 09:09 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 03.01.2013, 09:09 GMT-5
Hi

you must ask yourself where these parameters enter the PDE governing your physics, and enter them accordingly, I'm not so familiar with those variables, so probably you need to transform them somewhat to enter a loss factor or other phase terms

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you must ask yourself where these parameters enter the PDE governing your physics, and enter them accordingly, I'm not so familiar with those variables, so probably you need to transform them somewhat to enter a loss factor or other phase terms -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.