Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Difference between two modules in comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

What is the difference between module " Structural mechanics--->Poroelasticity(poro)" and module "Fluid flow---->Porous Media and Surface Flow"?

Anybody knows?

I was gonna implement solid liquid coupling in porous materials, which module I should use?
Thanks

3 Replies Last Post 24.01.2013, 01:48 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.01.2013, 16:10 GMT-5
Hi

check for which dependent variables the physics is solving,
and ask yourself what are you looking for : i.e. fluid flow in a porous media, or the structural bending / stress of a porous solid media ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi check for which dependent variables the physics is solving, and ask yourself what are you looking for : i.e. fluid flow in a porous media, or the structural bending / stress of a porous solid media ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.01.2013, 16:31 GMT-5
what if I need to know both the pore water pressure in porous materials and displacement or strain of soil particles in a porous system? that is solid liquid coupling process during dynamic loading. which module is suitable? thanks
what if I need to know both the pore water pressure in porous materials and displacement or strain of soil particles in a porous system? that is solid liquid coupling process during dynamic loading. which module is suitable? thanks

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 24.01.2013, 01:48 GMT-5
Hi

probably both, correctly coupled, but that is really not my usual "pot of tea" so I'm not sure how to give you further suggestions for this subject, but there are others than me that can come with good suggestions out here ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi probably both, correctly coupled, but that is really not my usual "pot of tea" so I'm not sure how to give you further suggestions for this subject, but there are others than me that can come with good suggestions out here ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.