Flow electrodes modeling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to model a flow electrode where the fluid is a mixture of water and activated carbon with 1M Na2SO4. Can any one help me ? The two electrodes are separated with a nafion 114 membrane.


2 Replies Last Post 30.09.2026, 02:17 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 weeks ago 14.09.2026, 13:33 GMT-4

Hello Shah Mohammed,

Which particular step in the modeling process would you like help with?

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Shah Mohammed, Which particular step in the modeling process would you like help with? Best regards, Jeff

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 hour ago 30.09.2026, 02:17 GMT-4
Updated: 1 hour ago 30.09.2026, 02:26 GMT-4

Thanks a lot for your reply. I need help to select the perfect physics. I have selected Nernst-Planck equation. First problem is in modeling the slurry mixture.

Then, the main problems arises for me to define the ion transport. In a aqueous solution mixed with carbon, how to define the role of carbon during ion transport.

Best regards

Shah Mohammed Takrim

Thanks a lot for your reply. I need help to select the perfect physics. I have selected Nernst-Planck equation. First problem is in modeling the slurry mixture. Then, the main problems arises for me to define the ion transport. In a aqueous solution mixed with carbon, how to define the role of carbon during ion transport. Best regards Shah Mohammed Takrim

Reply

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.