Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Forced convection - horizontal flow against a plane sheet with a blunt edge

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi folks,

that's my first time I'm working with COMSOL MULTIPHYSICS and I'm trying to simulate a horizontal flow against a plane sheet with a blunt edge.

I use convective and conductive (cc) and Incompressible Navier Stokes (ns) mode with the following properties:

- forced - flow: 35m/s and -30°C
- plane - sheet: +4°C

When I try to solve the problem I always get the following error massage:

Failed to find a solution:
No convergence, even when using the minimum damping factor.
Returned solution has not converged.

Can someone give me a hint how to solve such a problem??? Maybe I just use the wrong models.....

Thx

1 Reply Last Post 29.07.2013, 18:10 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 29.07.2013, 18:10 GMT-4
Hi,

I fixed it. The mesh wasn't fine enough.

Now I'm trying to make a transient analyse, e.g. change of the plate temperature or the ambient temperature. But I'm a little bit confused about how to set the right solver parameters (of course I set initial values).

Maybe someone have a couple of good tutorials, it seems there are not a lot of "step by step" examples in the web, and as I mentioned above, that's my first time I use COMSOL.

Thx
Hi, I fixed it. The mesh wasn't fine enough. Now I'm trying to make a transient analyse, e.g. change of the plate temperature or the ambient temperature. But I'm a little bit confused about how to set the right solver parameters (of course I set initial values). Maybe someone have a couple of good tutorials, it seems there are not a lot of "step by step" examples in the web, and as I mentioned above, that's my first time I use COMSOL. Thx

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.