Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Fluid structure interaction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I would like to solve the FSI example in COMSOL 4.2 -which is the same in all versions- for a non-newtonian fluid like a visco-elastic fluid. How can I add the visco-elastic fluid formulation to that?

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

4 Replies Last Post 28.10.2013, 10:24 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.10.2013, 09:32 GMT-4
Does anybody know any other software that I can solve my problem with?
Does anybody know any other software that I can solve my problem with?

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.10.2013, 10:58 GMT-4
COMSOL v4.3b can model FSI with a non-newtonian fluid right out of the proverbial box. This requires the Structural Mechanics Module and the CFD Module.
Best,
Jeff
COMSOL v4.3b can model FSI with a non-newtonian fluid right out of the proverbial box. This requires the Structural Mechanics Module and the CFD Module. Best, Jeff

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.10.2013, 12:29 GMT-4
Thank you Jeff. for your reply. I started to do it with those modules (structural and CFD) . Where should I set visco-elastic fluid properties? There is no way to choose a non-Newtonian fluid?
Thank you Jeff. for your reply. I started to do it with those modules (structural and CFD) . Where should I set visco-elastic fluid properties? There is no way to choose a non-Newtonian fluid?

Posted: 1 decade ago 28.10.2013, 10:24 GMT-4
Could not find where to add appropriate viscoelastic fluid equations!?
Could not find where to add appropriate viscoelastic fluid equations!?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.