Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Subdomain Solution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello there,

I have 3 different subdomains [][][] ruled by the same application mode (let's say Conductive Media DC application mode, which dependent variable is V).

1. When plotting the solution I get a voltage profile that include the 3 subdomains. If I wish to plot one subdomain out of all, what is the best way to do it?

2. If I wish to use the solution of one of this subdomains (not all 3) to compute a current brought-in equation. What variable or code do I need to plug-in in this equation to account for the voltage solution of that specific sub-domain?
I do not wish a scalar value, such a subdomain integration, but the local distribution across the desired subdomain.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Omar

1 Reply Last Post 12.05.2010, 08:16 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 12.05.2010, 08:16 GMT-4
Hi

for selecting some part to plot take a look at:

www.comsol.eu/community/forums/general/thread/4441/

ina general sence do a search on the forum there are already a lot of material in the previous discussions

for you point 2) if you do not want to integrate it, you should check the doc on the projection coupling variables

Have fun Comsoling
Iar
Hi for selecting some part to plot take a look at: http://www.comsol.eu/community/forums/general/thread/4441/ ina general sence do a search on the forum there are already a lot of material in the previous discussions for you point 2) if you do not want to integrate it, you should check the doc on the projection coupling variables Have fun Comsoling Iar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.