Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Math lab connection with comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Ivar,

I am working with comsol 3.5 a. I need to know the version of math lab that I want to installed inorder to work with comsol math lab connection. Please give me an answer for me.

Manjula

5 Replies Last Post 21.09.2010, 02:33 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 16.09.2010, 17:00 GMT-4
Hi

I have used 3.5a with both a matlab 2007 and a 2009 version without niticed difficulties (due to compatibility ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I have used 3.5a with both a matlab 2007 and a 2009 version without niticed difficulties (due to compatibility ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 17.09.2010, 10:55 GMT-4
Hi Ivar,

Do you know how can i redirect Comsol 3.5a to Matlab 2007 if i had installed both softwares before???

Thank you,

Ivette.
Hi Ivar, Do you know how can i redirect Comsol 3.5a to Matlab 2007 if i had installed both softwares before??? Thank you, Ivette.

Posted: 1 decade ago 17.09.2010, 11:10 GMT-4
hi my dear

first of all you should read the documentaion
if you want to install matlab with comsol , in v3.5 you can use matlab 2006-7 A&B
after that, first, you should install matlab then comsol
and in the setup of the comsol ,you browse the root of matlab in the directory
best regard
hi my dear first of all you should read the documentaion if you want to install matlab with comsol , in v3.5 you can use matlab 2006-7 A&B after that, first, you should install matlab then comsol and in the setup of the comsol ,you browse the root of matlab in the directory best regard

Posted: 1 decade ago 17.09.2010, 13:36 GMT-4
Hi,
I'm working with comsol 3.5a with Matlab 2010 and worked fine only after I run the latest patch for comsol 3.5a

The way i connect matlab is the following
click the properties on comsol desktop shurtcut and and add the word matlab it looks like this
C:\COMSOL35a\bin\comsol64.exe matlab

then go to
c:\COMSOL35a\bin\ and change the line in the comsol.opts to something similar
mlroot=C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2010a

Thats the hard way of doing it.

I'm sure there must be an easier way!

good luck
Giorgos
Hi, I'm working with comsol 3.5a with Matlab 2010 and worked fine only after I run the latest patch for comsol 3.5a The way i connect matlab is the following click the properties on comsol desktop shurtcut and and add the word matlab it looks like this C:\COMSOL35a\bin\comsol64.exe matlab then go to c:\COMSOL35a\bin\ and change the line in the comsol.opts to something similar mlroot=C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2010a Thats the hard way of doing it. I'm sure there must be an easier way! good luck Giorgos

Posted: 1 decade ago 21.09.2010, 02:33 GMT-4
On the mac you do pretty much the same... go to the file /Applications/COMSOL35a/bin/comsol and change the MLROOT=${MLROOT:=/Applications/MATLAB_R2010a.app} to what ever version you have...
On the mac you do pretty much the same... go to the file /Applications/COMSOL35a/bin/comsol and change the MLROOT=${MLROOT:=/Applications/MATLAB_R2010a.app} to what ever version you have...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.