Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Surface plot of maximum stress over a time interval

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a 3D time dependant model in which the stresses in a body changes over time. Now I want to make a surface plot with the maximum stress (e.g. von Mises) that takes place over one surface for the entire time range of the study.

I have looked at maximum data sets and surface maximum under derived values but I only seem to get the maximum stress (in one point) for each time step. But I cant figure out how to get the maximum stress for all elements in one surface for any of the time steps.. Any ideas?

//Jesper

2 Replies Last Post 16.11.2016, 20:40 GMT-5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 16.11.2016, 10:05 GMT-5
Hi Jesper,
The timemax operator does that. See Reference Manual, version 5.2a, page 249. All manuals are accessed through the File > Help > Documentation menu.
Best,
Jeff
Hi Jesper, The timemax operator does that. See Reference Manual, version 5.2a, page 249. All manuals are accessed through the File > Help > Documentation menu. Best, Jeff

Posted: 7 years ago 16.11.2016, 20:40 GMT-5
Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your help, that worked nicely!

/Jesper
Hi Jeff, Thank you for your help, that worked nicely! /Jesper

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.