Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boundary conditions vary a lot

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I got following problem:
I got a plate with a fixed temperature on the upper and on the lower side,
periodic boundary conditions on the sides
and heatflux boundary condition on the front and back.

Now the heatflux I put onto the model is a function or some other distribution I get from a file.
The problem now is that if I calculate the solution and look at the heat flux at the front and back, the output is nowhere near from what I assign as a boundary condition (Variation of various 100%).
So COMSOL is messing with my boundary conditions and changing the net influx, which I really do not like.

Are there any known fix to that? And why is Comsol doing that?
My boundary conditions are resolved very highly and my mesh is also pretty fine.

Best,

Toby

0 Replies Last Post 30.08.2017, 14:20 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Tobias Storz

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.