Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

error in automatic sequence generation Syntax error in expression

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am making a electromagnetic model about eddy current testing.
The model consists of several domains(air, plate, shield, coils, flaw).
When I try to solve it, I got the message as this

error in automatic sequence generation

Syntax error in expression
-Expression:(0)+()
-Subexpression:()
-Position:5

Could anyone help me? Thanks advance.

Best regards

2 Replies Last Post 17.10.2011, 02:44 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Noritaka Yusa

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 15.10.2011, 13:05 GMT-4
I have the same error in same kind of model.

Anybody Please help.
Mr.Ivar..??
I have the same error in same kind of model. Anybody Please help. Mr.Ivar..??

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 17.10.2011, 02:44 GMT-4
Hi

not clear what it means, but it could be that you have an "empty" field, check if yll your BCs are filled in. Or rebuild your model.

Note: always use the latest version, or at least forget 4.0 to 4.1, these vere early version after the v4 (r)evolution and not fully ironed out ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi not clear what it means, but it could be that you have an "empty" field, check if yll your BCs are filled in. Or rebuild your model. Note: always use the latest version, or at least forget 4.0 to 4.1, these vere early version after the v4 (r)evolution and not fully ironed out ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.