Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

License Error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello All,

I am Krithika Mohan. I am a new user of COMSOL Multiphysics. I recently installed version 4.2. Upon my first installation everything worked fine. But on the next day when I once closed the COMSOL desktop and tried to open it again I started getting the following error

" Could not obtain license for COMSOL Multiphysics GUI
License error.
Cannot find license file.
The license files (or license server system network addresses) attempted are listed below. Use LM_LICENSE_FILE to use a different license file, or contact your software provider for a license file.
Feature: COMSOLGUI
Filename: C:\COMSOL42/license/license.dat
License path: C:\COMSOL42/license/license.dat;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-1,359. System Error:2 " No such file or directory"
For further information , go to www.flexerasoftware.com."

Could Some one PS help me as to how to figure out this issue.

0 Replies Last Post 12.07.2011, 13:11 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Krithika Mohan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.