Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

chemical kinetics resolution with ODE

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Ho all I can describe a set of chemical reaction kineticswith differential equations like dCa/dt= Ka dCb/dt=Kb dCc/dt=Kc Later I will add a convection part. Is it possible to be done with the only ODE or mathematics module ? thank u Damien

1 Reply Last Post 31.01.2019, 03:52 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 31.01.2019, 03:52 GMT-5

Those particular ODEs do not need numerics at all ([A]_i = [A]_i,0 + K_i*t), but perhaps you have in reality a more complicated system. If spatial ditribution of the concentrations is not calculated, I would solve the problem with Matlab's ODE solver:

dC/dt = A*C

where C =[Ca Cb Cc]' and in this case A =[Ka 0 0;0 Kb 0;0 0 Kc].

Sure you can use COMSOL. Under Transport of Diluted species node, there is Chemistry node.

Those particular ODEs do not need numerics at all ([A]_i = [A]_i,0 + K_i*t), but perhaps you have in reality a more complicated system. If spatial ditribution of the concentrations is not calculated, I would solve the problem with Matlab's ODE solver: dC/dt = A*C where C =[Ca Cb Cc]' and in this case A =[Ka 0 0;0 Kb 0;0 0 Kc]. Sure you can use COMSOL. Under Transport of Diluted species node, there is Chemistry node.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.