Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solution progress status not visible

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm performing simulations on spiral inductors.
My program is fully parametrized and auto adaptative when I modify the geometrical parameters.
I'm using matlab interface and java/eclipse interface.

The solver is set as parametric, the varying parameter is the frequency of the signal applied at the inductor terminals.

Here is my questions:

When I run a huge set of frequency parameters, the solver computes everything in one step (model.sol("sol1").runAll()) and I cannot see a notification when a parameter value is solved. So it takes a lot of time to run and I don't know if the solver is still running or if it crashed. I also want to have an estimation of the time taken by the solver to compute one parameter value.

How can I see or print in the console (java or matlab) the solution status progress while solving ?
Or how can I add a line in the matlab or java code to force the program to print the solution status.

For me the status means everything appearing in the "Progress" tab when I use the comsol 4.2 interface alone.

I saw in other topics that a command ModelUtil.showProgress(boolean) exists but it doesn't work in my case and I don't know why.

Any suggestion is welcome,

Sylvain

1 Reply Last Post 17.10.2011, 02:41 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 17.10.2011, 02:41 GMT-4
Hi

nor mally you have the progress graph appearing (but I have noticed sometimes not, but I do not know why) My way to see how it progresses is to turn on a "plot while solving". I find it more useful to identify when the solver has walked away from a reasonable track, then just the convergence graphs.

I would need ot undersand what the progress option is too ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi nor mally you have the progress graph appearing (but I have noticed sometimes not, but I do not know why) My way to see how it progresses is to turn on a "plot while solving". I find it more useful to identify when the solver has walked away from a reasonable track, then just the convergence graphs. I would need ot undersand what the progress option is too ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.