Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger Model problem

Nur Amanina Mohd Arief

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I want to model shell and tube heat exchanger and I have been following the tutorials from the COMSOL itself. But then, I have different geometry, and different number of tubes.

Due to this differences, I stuck at hidden faces, and I can't select the correct boundary for my model.

Any help? Thank you so much.

Notes

Tube Outside diameter = 9.53mm Inside diameter = 7.75 mm Length 500 = mm Tube count = 10 (single pass) Tube pitch = 18 mm Tube arrangement = triangle

Shell Outside diameter = 100 mm Inside diameter = 85 mm

Baffle Baffle count = 8 Baffle cut = 20% Baffle distance = 50 mm

Material construction = Stainless steel

T, hot = 70°C T, cold = 20°C

p/s: I am dealing with both water entering shell and tube. Drop your email too, cause I may be have way to many questions to ask, thanks!

This is the file I have been trying https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nYTbzfcQLOa3pXCWzqkRwMtqT4Rwwsob

0 Replies Last Post 13.04.2019, 04:33 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nur Amanina Mohd Arief

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.